At PEGATRON, we believe that not only can technology significantly impact product quality, but people also have a significant influence as well. Therefore, we have invested heavily in a learning system for our employees. Through multi-dimensional learning sessions, along with continuous improvement and innovation, we strive to enhance the added-value of our products and improve production process capabilities. Our ultimate goal is to provide high quality products and reliable services to our customers. All of our manufacturing sites have passed ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification. Pegatron has implemented clean production processes, a green supply chain, and green production to demonstrate its commitment and responsibility to the environment. Our commitment to the environment is highlighted by Green Partner certification, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certification, and IECQ QC 080000 Hazardous Substance Process Management System certification for all our global manufacturing sites. Also, we have a comprehensive occupational health and safety management system and have passed OSHAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management certification. We strive to reduce occupational safety and health risks by risk assessment, training and health promotion activities that in turn raise the health and safety awareness of employees.
In light of the growing climate change issues, we have begun to explore the greenhouse gas inventory of the entire organization and have been awarded ISO 14064 certification.
Policy and Objective
We are committed to the promotion of a corporate social responsibility management system and to the setting of policies/objectives as below:
Continual improvement and implementation of CSR
• Abide by all environmental protection, labor, safety and health laws.
• Conserve all natural resources, and actively prevent pollution.
• Reduce environmental impact and safety and health risks.
• Satisfy customer requirements and become an entirely green enterprise.
• Enable company-wide promotion of corporate social responsibility.
• Promote program engagement of all employees and continuously improve it.
Pegatron also commits to implement the following directives with express our intention to fulfill the following:
- Abide by environmental and labor laws, regulations and other international requirements to meet global environmental protection, labor rights and zero- hazard activity.
- Educate entire staffs, making them aware to protect environment, respect the dignity of life, cherish natural resources, ensure safety and promote physical and mental health of everyone.
- Achieve the goal of effective resource consumption through reusing and recycling of resources as well as supervise waste management to prevent from being reused or re-sold.
- Enhance the monitoring and reducing of environmental pollutant and risk management. Meanwhile, improve the efficiency of resource utilization to reduce the impacts on the environment as well as disclose the environmental performance regularly.
- Promote the independence and reliability of the self-management so as to optimize the quality of occupational hazard control, and reduce occupational risks to build a satisfied work environment.
- Establish a management system for corporate social responsibility to improve the efficiency for environmental protection, ethics, labor rights, safety and health.
- Implement greenhouse gas inventory and reduction program to practice greenhouse gas reduction to meet international trends in environmental protection and customers’ requirements.
- Implement energy and natural resource management to optimize the utilization rates on them in different stages of design, purchase and use to achieve the goal of continuous improvement, as well as promote the overall environmental performance.
- Openly pledge the company’s commitment in protecting the environment and labor rights and reducing occupational hazards as well as regularly disclose corporate social responsibility information to enhance the trust and communication with stakeholders.
- Abide by ethics code of conduct, including business integrity, no improper advantage, not to bribe or take bribes, and to protect the personnel who raise any concerns or inform against illegal acts from being fear of retaliation.
- Emphasize on equal opportunities as well as prohibit any kinds of harassment, discrimination or inhumane treatment, and establish two-way communication channels and the mechanism for employee consultation and participation to maintain good relationship between employees and employers.
- Continually address the conflict minerals issues and exercise due diligence on the sources of conflict minerals to conduct responsible procurement.
- Do our best to summon our suppliers to comply with related corporate social responsibility regulations and RBA(formerly the EICC) Code of Conduct to sustainably grow together with our suppliers.
Material issues are identified through materiality consideration of the impacts on business operations as well as the concerns of stakeholders. According to the ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) category, the material issues is showed below. For more details of risk strategy, please refer to the CSR Report.
Assure confidentiality to win customers’ hearts
Any and all information, properties and documents related to business engagements between the company and customers are secured confidential information. To assure our customers of a confidential environment and a trustworthy relationship, all employees who know or obtain any of the confidential information shall protect and hold it in strict confidentiality, and shall not disclose nor disseminate it to any third party unless authorized. For confidential information that an employee does not have a need to know in order to perform their job, the employee shall not make any inquiries nor attempt to obtain such information.
Focus on conflict minerals and due diligence
Conflict Minerals Statement
“Conflict minerals” sourcing form the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and adjoining regions(Angola, Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), as well as disputed areas where their extraction of gold, tin, tungsten, and tantalum (3TG) and cobalt may unexpectedly finance or benefit armed groups associated with human rights violations. Some of these minerals might be involved in the supply chains of the electronics industry. To address this issue, PEGATRON has launched conflict mineral due diligence investigation project since 2012. PEGATRON encourages our suppliers to transparently disclose the conflict minerals and cobalt containing in their products and components in accordance with the OECD Guidance. We expect our suppliers to cooperate in providing the report of smelters information with the Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) of gold, tin, tungsten, and tantalum and Cobalt Reporting Template (CRT) of cobalt in our supplier chain. Besides, Pegatron do not ban conflict-free minerals (including cobalt) from DRC and adjoining regions, and advocates RMI Compliant Smelter & Refiner Lists in our supply chain, so as to drive the smelters to join Responsible Minerals Assurance Process (RMAP; formerly the CFSP). PEGATRON respects international human rights and keeps following this issue closely to fulfill our commitment and Responsible Business Alliance (formerly EICC) Code of Conduct, and take the accountability as a corporate citizen.
From business ethics to corporate sustainability
PEGATRON is committed to upholding the strictest business ethics. All employees should abide by the highest standards of probity. Any kind of corruption, blackmail or embezzling of company funds is strictly prohibited. All staff in their work should abide by the following principles:
• All staff shall be honest and fair in their dealings with customers and vendors.
• It is strictly prohibited for staff to receive or claim directly or indirectly for gifts, favorable dealings or other special treatment as an abuse of the powers of a position.
• It is strictly prohibited for staff to use the powers of a position to receive or claim directly or indirectly unreasonable interest or other corrupt practices.
• It is strictly prohibited for staff to extort property by the abuse of the powers of a position.
• It is strictly prohibited for any unauthorized use of the name of the company other than in business related matters.
• It is strictly prohibited to embezzle the company’s property for personal interests.
21% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
Corporate Energy Conservation and Carbon Reduction Goals
PEGATRON’s solution to global warming is eco-friendly design and green manufacturing. We make great efforts in carbon reduction of products in terms of manufacturing, delivery and usage, and implementation of energy saving actions in daily management. PEGATRON is committed to addressing the issue of global climate change and has actively taken steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by means of our eco-friendly designs and manufacturing. Our target is a 21% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
Implement PureCSR to achieve sustainable management
In our PureCSR, P represents PEGATRON, u means unlimited & universal, and re means reduce, reuse, recycle, recovery, replace & repair, which indicates that we will work to continuously improve and become a completely eco-friendly enterprise. PureCSR aims at the establishment and implementation of the environmental, occupational health and safety policy. This policy complies with the RBA (formerly EICC) Code of Conduct which covers labor practices, health & safety, environmental protection, management systems and ethics. We hope that our environmental, occupational health and safety management systems continue to operate and be improved, and that we can create favorable conditions for sustainable management.PEGATRON’s corporate social responsibility is planned, operated and implemented by the PureCSR committee. All members identify stakeholders according to their jobs and respond to any concerns in daily operations. Any inter-departmental issues are discussed in PureCSR committee meetings to reach a consensus among related departments. The CSR team has been set to manage the CSR related issues and coordinate the cross-department issues via bi-weekly PureCSR Steering Committee meetings, so as to reach CSR goals and programs. CSR implementation status is periodically reported to the CEO and the significant CSR practices and performance will be reported to the Company’s board of directors yearly.
Certification and Statements
Third party verification and continuous improvement
The company is devoted to the implementation of environmental management, occupational safety and health management systems and a greenhouse gas inventory. This is verified by third-party certification and the obtaining of certification and verification statements.
ISO 45001:2018/OHSAS 18001:2007